Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Make Me Feel!


Kind of disappointed about the storm. I’m happy that no one was hurt and all but I wanted the place to shake. You know, a little action. Of course I wouldn’t know even if it did. I took a sleeping pill and it actually worked. I know the power went out here at the hotel at around 2:30 for about two hours. The generator came on but some of the outlets didn’t seem to get any power from it.

I got out of the room at around seven and ran down to the lobby with my camera and tried to get a couple movies of what was happening. I’m not sure if the pics will do it justice. It’s raining. I mean really raining a lot. Looking outside you see nothing like it would normally look at 8:00 in the morning. It’s dark and it’s RAINING.

The trees are all doing their late 60’s type dance. You know the one where the head goes one way and the body the other. It’s pretty entertaining. It’s much louder outside than it looks too. That’s from the wind, jealous because it’s not getting the attention it thought it should have.

I’ve already had to change clothes because I ran out to feel the warmth of the rain and wind combination. It actually felt really nice. If I thought I would be more secure I’d go sit out at the pool. You just don’t know what could be flying around out there.
I think I’ll start the coffee pot and take a walk outside for a bit. I won’t go far, I just want to feel. Nothing like 50 mile per hour winds, and heavy rain to help make someone feel.

Take this post to know that I’m fine and lived through the worst of it. A little wetter, but I survived. Faye, you let me down. I really wanted to feel you.

No comments: