Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's All About Me!

When I moved to Florida last August, it was a rather down time in my life. Just getting divorced, new job, new home, etc… To quote Don Henley, “All the things I thought I’d figured out, I have to learn again.” I never felt more alone and unsure of myself in my life. I had Lucky, my television and my laptop. Yes, I have a brother that lives down here and he and his wife have been a tremendous help, but it’s not the same. It was a time of looking back at my life and figuring out what mattered and what didn’t.

I decided to try to find the people that meant something to me and see if I could make a connection again. It wasn’t too difficult and I have found almost everyone I’m looking for. Some have actually visited me down here, which is an amazing story for another time; some I speak to on the phone once in a while and some are strictly email pals.

In most of these new-old relationships I am the one forcing the issue and ensuring contact. I am totally ok with that. I won’t lie. I am talking to you guys for purely selfish reasons. I miss you all and it makes me feel good to hear your voices or see your name on the in box list in my email. I look for them everyday and get a huge thrill when I see or hear from you.

I am just writing this to let you guys know how much I appreciate what you all have meant to me in the past and how fortunate I feel to have you back in my life again. Thanks for humoring me with your time and energy. I only hope I can add to your lives as much as you have added to mine.

Now excuse me while I go put on my dress and bonnet and get ready for my day…

No comments: