Friday, August 8, 2008

How Do You Not Love The Web?

Being the self-serving, egomaniacal narcissistic guy that I am you would think I’d know everything there is to know about me. You’d think I’d be familiar with anything out there on the web and anything you’d find on a Google search and things like that. Well color me surprised.

I went to Google search, as I do every 15 minutes, I mean c’mon, doesn’t everybody? Anyway, I went to Google search and punched in my favorite name, mine. What I found were eight different sites that are about your favorite subject and mine, me.

There’s one about the blog. There are two from Lulu.com with each one featuring each book I’ve written. (On sale now!!!) There’s one that goes straight to my classmates.com page and yet another that does the same for my face book account. There’s also one for Linkedin.com, which is a business-networking site that a couple friends invited me to join. And there’s another one from Lulu.com that’s kind of a store for my books. (They make great gifts)

Then I saw something that just fascinates me. There’s a site with a bunch of numbers then the title of my second book followed by my name. it then says, “Buy online”. Ok, I like that. Anything that swings some cash this way can’t be all bad right?

Wanting to see who else besides all of you want to help support me I clicked on the site to see if maybe there was something I could do to help these folks do gods work. What it turned out to be was an Internet bookstore in Australia. Wow, that’s cool, long overdue, but cool nonetheless. Then this real mellow music started. I thought I was in one of those spa massage rooms I’ve written about. So I looked a little closer and it turns out that this is not only an Internet bookstore but also a holistic Internet bookstore.

You’d think I would be taken aback. Well, I was, for just a second. But then it occurred to me how incredibly overdue this was. Not only does my writing help all us poor souls in this part of the web but now I’ve joined the holistic set. God bless the Internet. I, Kevin E. Mittleman am now not only a published author, I’m helping those poor souls that are into the holistic scene. Could I be any more giving?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And Al Gore invented the internet.

Mark H