Saturday, August 16, 2008

At Least I'll Have My Flip Flops!

So the adventure begins today. Well, actually it started Thursday. I went down to the Detroit area and had a little panel interview with six others vying for the same gig. We took a battery of tests that I’ve not only taken before but also given and graded. I did real well on them and got the proverbial, “we’ll go through the applications and be calling soon” thing.

I’ve been unemployed for less than 16 hours and I’m not digging it. I fly to Florida tomorrow for a few interviews. I’ll be there till Saturday and hope to get my rather large ass a little sand time too. Though the way it’s been going these last couple weeks we just might see “Kevin VS the Hurricane”. Under normal conditions, I’d kick it’s ass. That’s under normal conditions. I’m obviously not up to full strength, being without a job. But, bring it on Cha Cha or whatever your name's going to be.

I just checked the hurricane center and “Fay” is stirring up near the Dominican Republic and there is a watch for southern Florida. You want a piece of me? You’ll have to do a lot better than that. I got your watch right here. I’ll have my camera so maybe I can get some cool pics.

I feel pretty good considering my circumstances. I’ve got a friend down in Naples that got me a room at the “Comfort Inn’ that his wife works in down there. She got me the room for 25.00 a night and it’s got a kitchen in it so I won’t have to eat all my meals out. Gotta look to save wherever I can so that helps.

It’s too early for the title of the blog to take effect but if nothing happens relatively soon, you can bet on more whining than any of you ever want to have to deal with. That doesn’t mean you won’t here it, just giving a little warning.

I’ll be just off Marco Island and there’s a comedy club I used to go to by myself. I certainly think it’s in the cards for this coming week. That and the water are the two things that will keep me going for the interviews I’ll be going to. Now, if the interviews don’t work out, the comedy is bad and the water isn’t warm, well, let the incessant whining begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude...SLOW DOWN. Take a deep breath and think things through. You're a homeowner now...lots of impacts

Mark H