Friday, August 22, 2008

Heading Home Again



Well, the trips over. I’m not sure how well it went but one can only hope I guess. I have to drive up to Orlando late tonight to catch a 6:00 am plane. I’ll be pretty wiped by the time I get home but I’m sort of looking forward to sleeping in my own bed.

I gotta say I’m really surprised by how much I miss Lucky, that’s my dog for those that don’t know. I know that come Monday I’ll be looking all over the Lansing and Detroit area again searching for work. It’s a tough gig, trying to find a job in a state that has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. I found that since I’ve only been there a year I’m not eligible for unemployment.

I’m starting to feel real down about things and I’ve really tried to avoid that. Tell you what, I meet some girl this time next week and I’ll accept any invitation to get a free meal. Hope I meet someone that has some extra dog food. No, it’s not really that bad yet. I’ve got a few free meals I can scam in Lansing. Mom and Karen had better be prepared. Don’t worry, I promise not to eat much. Looking at myself in the mirror I can say that I could use some smaller portions anyway.

So, that’s where we stand. Just wanted to throw out a little update. Anybody down in the Detroit area that’s looking to pay for some meals just let me know. I’ve got enough for a few tanks of gas so I can get down there.


Talk soon…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always have EXTRA, EXTRA dog food, my dogs have learned to live on treats.Don't love to cook but if I know someone hasn't had a home cooked meal I get this crazy urge to do what I can. My brother was my very best fan of my cooking. If you come this way I'll whip up one of the few things they say I cook good. Just give me a day notice!! I even make an awesome matza ball soup, if you like dill, and my mom taught me her secret to a great brisket. You'll never go hungry here, so let me know if you're passing by. And please don't freak out about it! It's only food! xxoo