Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Saga Continues

I went down to Detroit last week ostensibly to hang out with a couple friends from my youth. I went on Priceline. Com and bid 35.00 and ended up with a very nice room at the Westin. Really nice hotel, all the amenities you could ask for and I highly recommend it.

I caught some crap from my friend about getting a hotel and not staying at his place but I really needed some private time. I took my computer and looked forward to doing some writing. I had two nights to spend and figured that would get me all the r&r I needed.

What I ended up doing was going through everything I wrote last year and edited it to the best of my ability. It was pretty cool. Like I actually had a job to do. I looked at it as if I had to have this done before I came home. I’ve been pretty down lately and I needed to do something to make myself feel good. It came down to getting an eight ball and some hookers or publishing last year’s model.

Well, if any of you know me you know I can’t afford an eight ball so I decided to publish. I gotta tell ya, this really picked me up. While going through all the posts I was able to read each one. I really like all of this one. I must admit that going through the first book I see so many posts that are just embarrassing. I can honestly say that there is nothing in this one that makes me feel that way.

A number of folks that read the blog have sent comments about how much they like my writing. People that I’ve never even met have sent emails from all over the world and I just thought it was nice but never felt that way myself.

Funny thing though, after reading these essays, I think I’m starting to develop an ego. I’m a bit embarrassed about it but an ego nonetheless. It’s a strange feeling, thinking you’re good at something when you’ve never even considered the possibility before.

My fear is that it’ll have an effect on my writing. I find myself reading and rereading everything I write now as opposed to before when I just wrote and let the chips fall where they may. Oh well, I hope I can trust you guys to slap me around if you see me grabbing things that are a little out of my grasp.

Anyway, once again, thanks for your continued support and I hope you haven’t gotten bored with me yet. Here’s the web site if you’re interested:

http://www.lulu.com/content/1985131

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kevin, i think i know you better now, then all the time we spent together in high school. i have enjoyed each and every piece you have written. i think i like you more now then in high school.(kidding). i look foreward to every new blog. xoxo, NK