Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Homeward Bound

I go home today. That’s always a depressing time for me. It’s not that I hate my living situation or anything like that, it’s just always hard when it’s time to be responsible again. I felt the same way when I would visit Michigan while living in Florida, California and Las Vegas. Real life means real thoughts and actions. It means paying bills and going to work. These are the only times I really regret my parents not being the Rockefellers so I wouldn’t have to worry about those little things that cause such stress.

It was a very nice trip. I got a lot of sun, too much, actually. My head is looking pretty ragged as it got burned and peeled but I’ll take the trade off any day. I saw a few old friends, went to a Polo match and saw the musical, “Jersey Boys” about Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons. That was really cool. I totally understand how it has won the awards it has.

So now I go home and start the grind all over again. It’s snowing back there right now but that’s all right. I’ve got a really nice tan and that’ll keep me in that vacation mode for a few more days. We are just getting into March so that means the NCAA basketball tournament starts soon and then as we all should know by now, Baseball, which I feel can never start soon enough.
I like Florida. I don’t mind the humidity and the heat. I did get a number of bug bites that itch like crazy but you get the good with the bad and it all evens out. I’ll definitely return for future vacations as it’s cheaper than the Caribbean but has the same weather. Seeing Steve and his wife was great and there’s always the advantage of staying on the cheap with family where you vacation. It’s actually a good day to leave. The weather has turned and it’s getting cold out. I’ve had over seven days of sun and relaxation and it’s time for reality to rear its ugly head once more.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're looking forward to your arrival! Glad you had a good time and rested. Have a good flight.
Karen

Anonymous said...

No need to rush back, enjoy yourself. Take March off.

Bob

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a great vacation. We just had a visit from a friend of Glenns' who relocated back to Michigan about 8 years ago. He moans about the weather, but is happier raising his family there then in Southern California. Hope all is well with your family. Mary

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a nice vacation. Hope all is well with the family. I like Florida too, even with the humidity. My best to you my friend, Mary