Saturday, January 17, 2009

Some Things I've Learned

I’ll be 48 next week, and I’ve just been thinking of some of the things I’ve learned over the years. Here are a few, in no particular order.

Noxzema shave cream is the worst. Pure water.

The only thing we have to fear is the guy who thinks you’ve slept with his girlfriend/wife.

Pay attention when given advise, it’s often quite worthwhile.

Try to emulate your dog’s attitude. Odds are, they’ve got it wired.

Stay in school, don’t do drugs, etc… well, stay in school.

Travel as much as you can, you’re gonna blow the money anyway, might as well enjoy it.

Secret and Sure deodorants are the exact same product. Look it up.

When things get too serious, laugh. When they stare at you, laugh louder and walk away.

Find your happy place. Be it, music, humor, movies or whatever, find it. Remember where it is and never forget the directions there.

Treasure friendship. It’s so worth the effort.

Don’t spend so much time trying to please others. Unless you’re an ass, just pleasing yourself will keep them around.

Speaking of being an ass, don’t.

Baseball. That’s all, baseball.

Try to see live comedy on a regular basis. Nothing soothes the savage beast like a hard laugh with friends.

When you learn that someone cares about you, let them know how much it really means to you.

Be true to your ideals, even if you’re the only one that believes in them.

Desane and Aquafina smoke any other kind of bottled water. No contest.

Finally, at least for now, don’t forget that happy place thing.

3 comments:

Michelle Gordon said...

It's so refreshing to know that the thoughts in my head are not unique. I so live by some of these things.Especially the laughing parts. I'd like to share an anonymous quote with you....'Please Lord teach us to laugh again.But, God don't ever let us forget that we cried.' It's something I found in the Anonymous program that has served me very well over the past 12 years. Laughter is free, natural and the best drug I have ever tried (and there were quite a few)It is especially best when shared with the people you love and care about. Thank you for sharing, Kevin.

Michelle Moggel Gordon

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all of the things in your head. It makes the outside so much better. I don't like Dasani but I'm with you on Aquafina. Thanks Kevin, you make life bearable. Hillary

Anonymous said...

Kev, I think everything written in this post today truly came from your heart.You played a song today that I really love, Love is all Around Me. Keep writing and keep laughing and making the rest of us laugh with you! I wish you an early Happy 48th. Birthday! Love, Mimi