Saturday, January 24, 2009

Oh Those Friends Of Mine

Well, here’s another post about the things I’m finding on Facebook. Com. As most of you know the site gives one the opportunity to connect with people, friends, relatives and others you may know or even never have heard of. I looked at my “friends” list and see that I now have 101 friends.

How is that even possible? I’m looking at the list and notice family members first. Both my sister and sister in law, Steve’s wife, are on the list. Steve’s daughter and his two-step sons are there too. There is a first cousin and his wife out in California that have entered my circle and one old friend of my sister’s who has known me since I was around eight or nine years old. She moved to Oak Park with us and graduated from OPHS with my sister.

There are a few friends in Florida, one that has since moved to Pennsylvania, one that I met because she shopped in my store down there, a friend of hers that I met on one of my trips down there since I’ve moved and one that I’ve never met. There’s also a guy that I grew up with in Trenton and a couple others that I knew from Oak Park.

Then there’s a group of folks that I really didn’t hang out with in school but either were friends with my brother David, Steve or just acquaintances from school. There are also a few that live here in the Lansing area that I’ve gotten to know since moving back to the state. There are three women, all sisters, that I met during a very trying time for them and the rest are actually people that I have had interactions with in my youth. Ya know, friends.

I’ve got two “friends” in Australia, one that used to live in Oak Park and was friends with Steve and one that knows me through this blog. I’ve got another that lives in Barcelona. I met and became friends with her in San Diego back in the early 80’s.

I’m looking at this list and it’s pretty remarkable. I think there’s only two or three of these folks that I do not recall having ever met. I didn’t think I knew 100 people let alone had conversations with them on a personal level. The folks on Facebook aren’t the only friends I know either. I’ve got friends that haven’t signed up, folks that I see on a regular basis, people out in California and friends in Florida. It would seem that I’m quite the popular guy. Pretty cool huh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is cool-enjoy it

Anonymous said...

and a very happy birthday to you too. Your friends are certainly very smart, lovely people to have you as a friend. Much love, M

Anonymous said...

Kev, it's great to have so many friends! Have a very Happy Birthday! Love, Mimi

Anonymous said...

You are a sincere and very likable person. It does not surprise me that people are drawn to you, you are very special. I'm thankful to be on your list.
Happy Birthday!