Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Years End.

As another year comes to an end I, like many others, take time to reflect on the days gone by. 2012 is a year I'd just as soon like to forget. Yes, there were many people and things that were very kind but the bad easily outweighed the good.

I've had the scratched cornea, detached retina, my car blew up, this whole blacking out thing and to top it all off, I was robbed while working in the city. Not a year to celebrate indeed. I gotta figure I got all the garbage behind me and I'm kinda due for a good year. If not, oh well, I'll still have my dog and my chair.

I'd be remiss if I didn't say there were many good times in 2012. There were times of great happiness. I happen to have some of the greatest friends anyone could ask for. The patience and kindness they've afforded me can never be paid back though I'll go to my grave trying.

I've made many new friends this year and I'm always thankful for that. I've also lost some along the way and, though some I'll easily get over, there are others that I'll feel the hurt for many a day. Either way, life goes on. I'll still go to bed each night and wake in the morning and try it all again. Sometimes it'll work for everyone and sometimes it won't.

I'll still be the emotional wreck I've always been and I'll always share way more than I should and, though it may make others a tad uncomfortable, it's who I am. I will say, as I have many times over the years, I'm working on it.

I wish each and every one of you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. May your every wish come to fruition. As I have each year, I do ask one thing from all of you. Please be nice to each other. Imagine all the smiles you can create just by doing that.

No comments: