Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It Could Happen!

I think I’m setting myself up for another disappointment with my Father this week. We’ve been talking over the last couple weeks and he brought up the idea that he may drive in this coming weekend and actually stay at my house. See, he sent his quasi family to Orlando for the week and he’s home alone. We both thought it would be cool if he took the four hour drive and saw a couple of his real kids and two of his grandchildren.

The problem lies in knowing my Father as well as I, along with anyone else here, does. Mention the possibility to anyone and they all say the same thing. “Right”. “Don’t plan on it”. How sad is that?

Though I know in my heart of hearts that the odds are greatly against him showing up for whatever reason he can find I can’t help but have that little glimmer of hope and know that I’ll feel let down if he doesn’t show. I can’t help it, I actually believe he’s coming. All I can do is wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boychik
I wish I could snap my fingers and make it what we've dreamed it to be all our lives.....