Friday, January 4, 2008

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!



Simply amazing. I decide to move back to Michigan and we have a record setting snowfall for New Years. I spent yesterday morning shoveling my driveway. I then went to my Mother’s house and did hers. I hurt my back doing hers because the shovel she has is very short. I then came home and did my porch and city walk. I have a very large lot, I live on a corner and there’s a whole lot of walk to shovel.

I had it looking pretty good after shoveling the seven or so inches we got and came inside to watch football. It started snowing again around five o’clock last night and it’s still snowing now at six o’clock this morning. It looks like we had another three or four inches. I just finished my driveway again and my back is killing me.

It’s pretty depressing because, with the wind blowing like it is, it seems like I never did any of the shoveling yesterday. The back thing really bothers me. I don’t mind doing the shoveling but this hurts.

The forecast today calls for more flurries throughout the day and into tomorrow but then its supposed to warm up by the weekend. I’d like to think I could wait for the snow to melt so I wouldn’t have to shovel it but that just isn’t right. My front porch is already snowed in and I can’t even see my deck in the back. Lucky has to go out through the garage just to get out at all. Ahhh, Winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brrr, Kev, I'm shaking just looking at that! Hope you have some BenGay on hand for that back, looks like you will be shoveling for awhile now. It sure looks beautiful though. I told Don that I would love to have a house like your's and he said, not there though!!! Love, Mimi